Skip to main content

Ptydepe


            I could have rather named the post as ‘The Memorandum’, my first ever play watched at a theatre which is completely meant for plays.
 But the name ‘Ptydepe’ sounded fancier, and hence chosen. Pronounced as Pa-tie-de-pay, when given the pamphlet I read it as ‘tie-deep-a’, assuming P as silent.
From past one year, my attempt to go and watch a play at Rangashankara was completely futile after rigorous attempts.
First time- It was a list of Hindi plays!
Second time- Tickets sold out
The third time-It was Mysooru Mallige…The name was like a repellent used for mosquitoes, here replacing the mosquitoes, were my friends.
It’s difficult to find a theatre enthuse, when u have a bunch of only engineering graduates in your G-gang. I would anytime go for a diverse range (no offence to the present ones). Planning with these people for a play, was like asking yeddyurappa to quit as CM.
After this I always pictured myself going and watching a play all by myself, which no normal person does, I think. It’s called ‘Lame’ according to the G-gang. Well, I could call it lame too, sitting there all by myself!?? NO Way!
Gradually, it was forgotten, until Mr S invited me to watch a play!! Yes, it happened. According to him, only people of certain IQ levels would wanna watch a play. What he meant was people with high IQ levels! No offence to the G-gang again. (It was Mr S who was talkingJ )I just nodded my head with compliance.
‘The memorandum’  considered to be one of the well known plays written by Vaclav Havel, a play based on introduction of an artificial language at office for communication and how everything is messed up.
Ptydepe, I like the way it sounds, as weird as  it is to say it, same weirdness applies to the imaginary spoken form. Impressive it sounded , wanted to learn it initially.. until I came across this in google,

Ra ko hutu d dekotu ely trebomu emusohe, vdegar yd, stro reny er gryk kendy, alyv zvyde dezu, kvyndal fer teknu sely. Degto yl tre entvester kyleg gh: orka epyl y bodur depty-depe emete. Grojto af xedob yd, kyzem ner osonfterte ylem kho dent de det detrym gynfer bro enomuz fechtal agni laj kys defyj rokuroch bazuk suhelen...

Yes , PAtieDeep-pay this was……

Don’t ask me to convert it because the play was completely based on the complexity involved in trying to do that, which results in a mess.I don’t wanna be held in that web.
My long urge to watch a play at Rangashankara was finally taking its course, All the enthusiasm and the crave to watch a play was slowly  dying down just like the sand which keeps getting emptied from the sand timer as the time passes. Half past 8, my stomach kept rumbling (Only then did I realise plays can be boring too…). I always assumed plays can never get boring until I came across this. (May be a little over exaggeration), But I definitely did have a good time.

P.S:  Looking forward – Monty PythonJ







Comments

  1. " Mysooru Mallige…The name was like a repellent used for mosquitoes"
    - What made you think like this? :) With which repellent's name does it Rhyme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysooru Mallige, that definitely din't repel me... That's why i mentioned replacing the mosquitoes were my so called FRIENDS!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offence to Mysooru Mallige:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was what was offered to me, for a slumber party!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magnet:Iron:: Attention: We= Fame Hoggers

It's Correlated! When you are in love,it's all the attention that you get which makes you fall in love again and all over again. Love without attention? Naah. That never exists. Some people crave for it some people live with it and for some it just so comes naturally. Well craving for attention is nothing wrong. But trying really hard for it? You'll get all the wrong attention which you definitely didn't want! Now that's the thing you don't want to get into. Here are some brush throws; you can consider it to be a tip or a forewarning! Suit yourself. 1. Facebook - Get Face booked! Sneak into your enemy's profile, how many likes has she/he got. That itch, she has more likes than you? Damn!DP change. Get a professional photographer and get it clicked naturally or hang out with sexy girls who just wear sexy clothes and get a picture clicked in a club or make the background look like the most happening party of the Hollywood/Bollywood industry. Well fo

Arjun Reddy -The narcissistic asshole

Arjun Reddy shooting for another of his movies at the age of 44, older the better. With his looks, tall, broad shoulders and dimply smile he holds the bat to hit an out of the boundary and score the last score to make his team win. He smiles at the British lady and the British lady rapes him with her eyes. It’s a wrap up, Woman Assistant director, runs around assisting, taking notes from the famous director Rajassmougly and has her hair roughly tied up like a bun with nerdy glasses and taking notes and attentively listening and meticulously pinning down everything heard and seen. Alias Arjun Reddy, sits down on his chair resting his feet after the hectic shoot and brushes off his   beard with his hand and inattentively tries to make an eye contact with the Assistant director who is devotedly trying to bullet her points. Alias Arjun Reddy asks for fruit juice and spills out half his drink and mixes the other half with a bourbon and shakes his drink obediently and still looking

American Tangled

After a hiatus, here I am, back ! I decided I won't be writing until I touch the border of the United States Of America! It's a race my friend said. And it was! One year down, the process..Naah, I won't be talkin bout it! It's a long process like chemical reactions and pathways involving a fatty acid which has a never ending chain length. I have a lot to catch up on, after the long break . Two weeks down, a lot happening. Well right now I have a bunch of guys hanging around, screaming at top of their voices like competing who can scream the loudest and jumping and dancing and  totally lost. Yeah a bunch of totally high hit dramatic boys. Hah, I've been recording the few of their acts, including their gay acts. It's funny though to watch them. Recorded and saved! :) United states of America ! My daughter studies in America , my parents are saying it aloud. But what exactly do I do? Hah. I love this picture which i stole it form someone's wall...--------